Monday, January 2, 2012

One Word

Considering the extreme effects choosing my One Word last year had on my life, I knew that I absolutely wanted to choose a word for this year.  I actually started thinking about it about a month ago because I wanted to be sure that I picked the right word.

From the beginning, one word was sticking out in my head.  Seems simple, right?  Heh, well, factor in my intense indecisiveness, and you have me second-guessing myself every single time I started to feel confident about my choice.  This has been happening practically every day since I started thinking of this word. 

But this "new me" is determined to place all of my trust in God, even when I'm nervous and anxious to do so.  And I'd be a fool to ignore this crystal clear message.  I need y'all to help keep me accountable on what I'm about to set out to do.

My word for 2012 is

WARRIOR.

I know, it's basically the polar opposite of my 2011 Word "peace."  But here's my explanation...

To me, a warrior is someone who is brave, even when they're facing dangerous tasks. 

A warrior is someone who risks it all for the people they love.

A warrior is at the top of their game in order to best serve those to whom they have devoted themselves.

This year, I want to become a warrior for Christ

I want to be brave enough to shout of His love from the moutaintops.  I want to face the enemy whenever he may appear in my life or the lives of my loved ones with the confidence that I have the strength of the Lord behind me.  I want to battle for the salvation of the people whom I know need God so badly, people who could begin to heal if they surrendered themselves to His love.  I want to shine the unending love and grace of my Father to every single person that I encounter so strongly that they know Whose I am, without question.

In conjunction with this, warriors are in top form in every sense: mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.  This year is the year that I stop messing around with this whole losing weight idea and actually do it.  I cannot do the work He may ask of me in this kind of shape.  My body is meant to be a sanctuary, and I have not been honoring him in this area.  My health is finally under control, and I must take advantage of that, because I don't know how long things will stay this way.  It's long past time I quit hiding behind excuses and find the confidence in myself that I can do this because He will give me the strength.

I want to know my God like I never have before.  I want to devote myself to Him completely, giving my whole heart to the One who has sustained my life through unimaginable odds. 

I'm armed, I'm all in on this, I'm ready to go.

The battle starts now. 

1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses."

Ephesians 6:10-18 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

3 comments:

  1. So, how do you want us to keep you accountable? I'll help you however you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! You are going to do amazing things this year with a word like that! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! my word is dream...am loving your word though...i am a WARRIOR for reeces rainbow and as soon as i saw your word i got goosebumps...go check reeces rainbow out and see what i mean! following alongto watch your story unfold...also love the 2 words are so opposite...peace, warrior.xxxx

    ReplyDelete