Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Decisions, decisions.

The officers of the College Democrats had a meeting tonight.  The whole Leadership Council got restaffed at the end of last semester because all but one of the officers graduated, and we have to figure how to get our club really running and making a difference on campus because until this school year, this club was, for all intents and purposes, non-existent.

A big topic of discussion tonight was this debate that the Campbell Times, the school newspaper, wants to host in March between the College Republicans and the College Democrats.  A guy from the newspaper who is a member of our club and will be one of the two moderators of the debate came to answer any of our questions.  The meeting started off with basically all of the officers thinking that this debate is a bad idea and that we aren't going to do it, but this newspaper guy, Louis, convinced most of us.  So I think we are doing it.  Louis says that in order to be really prepared in "the art of debating," we need to have 2-hour practices twice a week.  Everyone wants me to do it, but I honestly don't know if I can commit to that much time.  That's a lot on top of all the meetings our president wants us to have, basically a meeting every week, plus club events, plus classes.

I'm a bit of a people-pleaser, I will admit, but I also don't want to commit to this and then show up at the debate unprepared and damage the reputation of my club.  I think I need to think on it for a day, sleep on it, and not make any rash decisions just because I'm feeling stressed and pressured right now.  I also have to take care of me and what I need and want, something I'm finally getting better at. 

Lord, give me wisdom.

No package today.  Bruno said it will be here "maybe tomorrow" and I hope he's right.  Patience is not one of my strong suits. ;)  Hopefully I can get my new friend Chelsea to drive me by the post office after Water Aerobics.  I'm gonna have a crazy day tomorrow, 8:00 to 5:20.  Yikes.  French Lit 8:00-8:50, Psychology 10:00-10:50, Water Aerobics 1:00-1:50, and College Algebra 4:00-5:20.  Luckily Wednesday is my only day that is this packed and long.  And that reminds me, I need to print off the notes for Algebra.  See, blogging reminds me of stuff! 

Yawn.  Good night, people.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment