Friday, January 20, 2012

A Letter

I received a link to this today.


See it?  It might be a tad too tiny.

You can click on it to make it larger, but I'll just make it simpler for you and zoom in...


I got it. I got an internship. I got a scholarship to my internship.

I am spending June 10th to August 4th in DC this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second I finished speed-reading the letter, I bolted out the door and called Mom.  Luckily there are no classes today because they're still doing re-tests of the first semester exams, so she had her phone on.  I then proceeded to call every important person in my contact list. :D  And then I bolted to go tell my advisor.  He is so awesome.  He said he would have been shocked had I NOT gotten in.

Today is so awesome.  This week is awesome.  MY LIFE is awesome.  I am so incredibly blessed!!!

Do me a favor and pray that I can get all of the money taken care of.  The cost of the program is $6995, so while the scholarship plus the 5% discount is great, it still leaves a lot to cover.  Dr. Thornton is contacting the head of the department to see if they have any money they can give me, so if they do, that will help some.  I'm calling Uncle Ed back later because he didn't answer earlier, and I'm really praying he'll help.  I think he will, but you can never be sure.  Plus I have $1000 from my grandfather (dad's dad) that he's been holding waiting for me to contact him, so that can be used for spending money.

Update: Just talked to Uncle Ed. After I find out how much Campbell is willing to give me, he said he'll pay the rest. God is so good to have blessed me with an angel like this man.

Honestly, I'm still kind of in shock.  I can't believe this is really happening!!  :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited already to hear about your life in DC. :) You're going to have to keep the blog up while your there you know or else I'll have to come down and make you blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! And so proud :D I know you'll have a blast. Love you, kid.

    ReplyDelete