Thursday, June 16, 2011

Typical

That was the word I used when describing the day to Matt. 

Typical.

As in, yes it was my birthday, but it was a very typical day in this house.  The state of our house often depends on what mood Chelsea decides to be in.  Well, today, she was all over the place, vacillating between angry (telling me it was her mission to make my day hell) and annoyingly perky (telling me every. single. thing. her boyfriend said to her and repeating stories I've heard ten times already), so it ended up being just like any other day.

I got woken up at 8:20 by a text from my friend/Holly's roommate Carmen.  I was planning on getting up at 9:00, but I couldn't get back to sleep.  We left for the beach at 10:00 and spent a little more than three hours there.  The afternoon was lazy - Blake napped, I played on the computer, Mom worked and picked up the dogs, and Chelsea cleaned.  I would've helped, but it should be illegal to do chores on your birthday. :)  We had dinner with Mommom, Uncle Kirk, Aunt Donna and Bri at a local restaurant and I had a really awesome steak.  Then I came back and just avoided Chelsea.  Matt stopped by at about 11:40 and we stood talking in the driveway for like 20 minutes.  Haha!  Best part of my day, for sure. 

Awesome surprise for the day?  An iTunes lady who was really really nice to me.  Here's what happened: Well, when my computer died, I thought I lost all of my iTunes library on it.  Well, Dr. Google led me to a site that told me how to import all my songs from my iPod onto my new computer.  However, my iPod doesn't hold TV shows, and I had bought a bunch of TV episodes that were in my library that I had no idea how I was going to get to. I emailed Customer Support and sent them all the order numbers as proof that I really had bought them.  Some help lady restored all the shows to my account and allowed me to download them for free!  She also showed me how to back up my library so this never happens again. (I'm technologically stupid. I had no idea you could do that.)  Plus she gave me an extra credit to my account and I got an extra episode.  It was AWESOME.  And a big relief that $36 wasn't wasted.

I have a migraine, so that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment