Monday, October 24, 2011

There's a reason I wasn't named Grace.

So tonight, I went to another one of my required concerts.  My sixth.  And you know what that means? I don't have to take my Music Appreciation final exam! :) One less thing for me to worry about in that week.

It was actually really cool.  Absurdly long, but still really cool.  This group called Djembre Fire (the d is silent) came and played African music.  For almost two hours, but that's beside the point.  There was a lot of drums and singing in some African language (I have no idea what, Swahili is the only language I've heard of and have no idea if that was it), some bells, and spastic dancing.  The people were really fun, though.  The audience was engaged and participating in it the whole time. 

Y'all know me.  Y'all know I'm not exactly shy when it doesn't require talking to people.  Well, towards the end of the show, they asked for volunteers to come up on stage.  So I went.  I was sittting in the front row and I figured I might as well enjoy it.

That was a dumb idea.

I am not coordinated in the least.  That's not news.  So WHY I decided to get up on stage in front of like 200 people and attempt to do fast African tribal dancing is beyond me.  I felt like an idiot afterwards because I couldn't keep up, but hey, no one said anything mean, so...whatever.

Today was good.  I am happy.  Let's hope this stays around.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment