Monday, October 3, 2011

Computer Jinx

Y'all know Holly got in a car wreck in April and totaled her car.  Then, this summer this new (to her) car started having a bunch of problems, and then, when she and her friend Austin came down to Campbell to help me move in, his car died in the parking lot and Mom had to drive them back to Raleigh.  Holly called herself a "car jinx."

Well, just call me a computer jinx.

Ugh.

So last night, my not-even-four-month-old computer crashed.

Okay, well I don't know if it really completely crashed, all I know is I can't use it right now.

I was reading an article about Sara on some website called The Christian Post when my virus scan popped up and said it had detected a threat.  I clicked "Clean Computer" and it did, but it popped up again a minute later, and when I clicked "Clean Computer" again my computer went completely ballistic, the recycle bin disappeared (which I didn't know it could ever do that), and this box popped up that says I have this ginormous long list of problems with my hard drive.  I have no idea what happened or how it happened.

I immediately called my mom sobbing.  She calmed me down a bit, but I basically had to take a Lorazepam to fall asleep because I was so shaken up that I got in bed at 9:30 and didn't fall asleep till 11:00.

I'm still internally freaking out.  I didn't do anything to this one!  I didn't drop it.  I didn't spill anything on it!  I've done nothing to it!  And I don't have any extra money in my CD money to buy another one, and my mom certainly has no money, and my grandma is so pissed about having to help Mom out that I know she has no money, and I need a laptop!  I have this gigantic Scope & Methods project, plus an English paper.

Ugh.  So yes, this all is basically for me to say that once again, I will not be around for a while.  Thankfully I'm going home this weekend for Fall Break, so please pray that the computer place in town can fix it!  Thank you. 

God is in control...God is in control...God is in control...

1 comment:

  1. I'll pray that you can get it fixed, and will miss you until you get back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete