Saturday, October 29, 2011

On Camels

Thursday at the VMI game, the few guys from the Camel Crazies (basically a bunch of bored guys who go to game and become obnoxiously hilarious cheerleaders) sang this song that I hadn't heard in years, and it got stuck in my head tonight at the game.

Sally the camel has five humps,
Sally the camel has five humps,
Sally the camel has five humps,
So ride, Sally, ride!


Then four, then three, then two, then one, then

Sally the camel has no humps,
Sally the camel has no humps,
Sally the camel has no humps
So Sally is a horse!

Catchy, no? :D

Today, I am beyond proud to be a Camel.  First, the football team won at Davidson, coming from behind 17-3 in the 4th quarter to winning 26-20 in triple overtime.  I didn't even know football HAD triple overtime!

And tonight, Ryann and her team beat the number one team in the Big South Conference, Radford, 2-1 despite having the world's most blind and biased referee letting Radford get away with every foul possible, including two deliberate trips in the goal box that should've been penalty kicks.  Only on the 3rd one, when someone actually GOT HURT, did we get our deserved PK and take the lead with just a few minutes to spare.  (And thank you Jesus for that, especially so we didn't have to sit out in the cold for overtime!)

Before the game, these two showed up.  I REALLY wish I knew who was inside of those suits.  They were hilarious.


After the game, when the team came up to the bleachers (there's a big incline from the field up to where the fans sit), I was standing right in front and held out my arms to give Ryann a hug when she came up, and she said, "Wait, more important." and stepped around me to give Mom a hug!  I was serious when I said those two adore each other. :D  She also hugged Mommom and THEN she hugged me, and she was so sweet.  She kept saying how nice they were to come up for this and sit out in the cold for her.  I love that my best friends all love my mom.  I may have been chopped liver tonight (haha), but I did manage to get a picture with her before I was forced to leave because it was so cold.


Love this girl.  Love my school.  Love my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, even if it was cold, at least it didn't snow. :) Love the picture of you with Ryann. :)

    ReplyDelete