Saturday, October 22, 2011

Don't stop believing, hold onto that feeling!

I. love. this. school.

Tonight was, hands down, the best college experience I have had.
This school is just amazing.  First off, they made hors d'oeuvres for at least 500 people, maybe 600.  And they weren't just your regular appetizers people.  This is the menu (now imagine this being said in your best British accent): Vichyssoise shooter (a chilled soup from the '10s), braised veal ragout, grilled vegetable display with green goddess dip, Hawaiian chicken and pork skewers with pineapple and red and green bell peppers finished with a Polynesian sauce, deconstruction of fondue-cheese display, assorted crostinis, sous vide cumin-lime marinated mahi-mahi with Thai chile-cucumber salsa over coconut curry rice, and vegetable spring roll with sweet chile dipping sauce and sushi rolls.  That's some fancy stuff!  I didn't even know what half of it was at first! Plus they had orange and black cupcakes and a giant camel cake.


Yes, that's actually a cake.  Here are the other pics I got.  You know you're having a good night when you don't even think about taking pics of it.  You're just too busy living

That's me, in the amazing dress I've been telling you about. :)  I felt so pretty tonight.


This is me and Elizabeth.  My "date".  We spent most of the night hanging out...that is, once she actually managed to find me by my easy directions! Hahah :)


This is me and Gaylord (obviously).  Is there really anything cooler than a giant camel wearing a suit?  I think not. ;)

Seriously, though.  It was incredible.  They had a great band and DJ and these practically professional dancers who are Campbell alum who performed all of these dances from throughout the past century. 

I heard everything from Ella Fitzgerald to Elvis to Michael Jackson to Usher.  And let me tell you, standing in the center of an arena floor screaming the words to "Don't Stop Believing" along with 300 other people is a pretty awesome feeling.  I won't be forgetting that. 

Also something I found funny: I knew way more of the "old" songs (i.e. Journey, Michael Jackson, etc.) than I did the modern stuff.  Thank you, Mom.

I came out of my shell tonight.  (Laura A, is that your cheering I hear? :p)  I danced even when I had no one to dance with, I danced even though I knew I looked awkward (trust me, that's not self-deprecating, it's true), I sang my heart out with all of my favorite songs, and wait for it........I was even asked by a guy to dance with him. :)  First time that's ever happened in my life.  And we danced together twice.  He was cute, too. :D

I may not be able to walk or talk tomorrow (I may have slightly overdone it), but I don't even care.  Tonight was something I will remember for a long, long time.

3 comments:

  1. OOh, I'm so excited you already have pictures up! I was hoping there would be this morning, but not really expecting it until later. I have several comments about the evening. :)

    1.)You're soo pretty and your dress is amazing!

    2.) Your school sounds really, really neat. I cannot imagine mine doing anything like that. (OTOH, it's a mid size state university in a state with a serious budget crisis, so maybe in other circumstances it would.)

    3.) I'm with Laura A. on cheering that you came out of your shell. :)

    4.) So, someone else my age knows more "oldies" song lyrics than modern ones? That would be thanks to my mom's love of the radio station that plays only the greatest hits of 60's, 70's, and 80's...

    -Vivielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah I am cheering! Good for you! That is what college is all about!
    Now about that boy.....
    Do tell....
    (you knew that was coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had a good time mallory. and you looked beautiful in your dress. you were right, it was perfect!! by the way, i love reading your blog. you remind me of myself when i was your age. :)

    ReplyDelete