Friday, February 8, 2013

A Whole Lot of Random

I have no idea how I'm awake right now.  I wouldn't still be awake right now if I weren't waiting on a call back from Matt.  Amazing how much more free time he has when he isn't in a relationship.  But we barely ever get to talk anymore because we're both so absurdly busy, so I'm willing to stay up for this.  I miss him.   I had called him from the hospital yesterday and told him what was up and that he could call that number back to get up with me, but I forgot to text him and tell him the ER discharged me.  I got this text from him saying he was trying to call that "weird" number back and couldn't get through.  I guess you can't call in to an ER line...oops?  And he asked me if I was still in the hospital, and I laughed and said no.  When I apologized in a text for forgetting to update him (blame the 4 mg of Dilaudid in my system), he replied, "It's all good. As long as you're okay, that's all I care about."  He called me so I could tell him the story, but then he had to go talk to his sister, so now I'm waiting for him to call me back.  It's worth it.  We have a lot to catch up on.

Oh and I'm also awake because I'm waiting for something to download that's taken all night.

Today was very, very long.  I didn't get in bed until 1:30 last night, but thankfully I fell asleep quickly.  Then I got up at 6:30.  I had my International Relations test at 8:00 (I think I did okay), World Religions with a quiz at 9:00, a tutoring session at 10:00, lunch at 11:00, a trip to the post office at 1:20, Phonetics at 2:00, Public Policy at 3:00, and another tutoring session at 4:30.

So yes, I am tired.  And then I organized some stuff and then gave myself the night off because this was a very long and very, very crazy week and my head hurts so bad and I needed it.  So I watched last night's Grey's Anatomy, played around a lot on the internet, listened to music (duh), and talked to Alex.  I haven't talked to him in a while, either, so it was really nice to catch up with him, as well.

My right foot is very, very swollen.  It seriously hasn't been even close to this swollen since I was recovering from the MRSA infection.  But the bloodwork at the hospital yesterday was clean so I have to assume for now that there is no infection in there and it's just swollen from me being on my feet all day.  I'm currently sitting here in my desk chair with my computer in my lap and my legs up on my desk.  I have a feeling I'll be spending pretty much all of tomorrow either in this position or laid back in my recliner.  I just want this darn thing to heal.  The good news is the blister seems to finally be on its way to going away.  (I hope I didn't just jinx this!)

My brain is fried.  I normally make my weekend to-do list on Friday nights so I know what needs to get done on Saturday and Sunday, and I haven't even done that because all I want to do is sit here with my feet up and watch this video over and over again until Matt calls back.  Because it's so awesome.  And who knew there was an actual town called Nutbush, Tennessee and it's Tina Turner's hometown?!  I didn't until I looked it up because I couldn't figure out why anyone would title a song "Nutbush City Limits."  The power of the internet, my friends.



Yes, it's from Glee, and no, I am not ashamed.  It's introduced me to a lot of songs that I now love that I'd never heard before this show.  I love it.  But mostly I love this video and the lead, Naya Rivera's voice.  Music always makes me happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment