Sunday, February 10, 2013

I needed this break.

Friday and Saturday were both really hard, emotionally, mentally, and physically.  So I am truly thankful that God gave me a day like today where I could get some real rest and not have to think about anything deep or painful for a change.

I think overnight my body realized how difficult the past couple of days were and decided to force me into a day of rest.  I didn't (couldn't) get up until after 11:00 which means I didn't make it to church today because my body would just not cooperate.  It was like every ounce of energy had been drained from my muscles.  Weird, but I guess my body just knew I needed some time to be still.  It's amazing how sometimes my body can just take over and force me into taking time for myself when I know I need it and choose to ignore it.

When I did manage to get up, all I did was eat a PB&J and take a shower before the Wolfpack game.  We almost lost yet another game, but this one was a big deal because Clemson and NC State have a huge rivalry, and we are just barely ahead of them in conference rankings; if they had won, we would have been tied at 5-6.  Clemson had the lead for most of the game, but we came back pushing hard in the second half, and the lead bounced back and forth.  They were up by 2 with 10 seconds left, and we had possession.  Watch this.



Scott Wood, our 3-point superstar, saved the day with ONE SECOND ON THE CLOCK.  Man, I love that guy.  I'm not gonna lie - I have a total fangirl crush on Scott Wood.  We would not do nearly as well as we do without him.  It's gonna be weird when he graduates this year.

Yeah, that definitely got my energy up. :)

Anyway, after that, I basically just hung out, tried to do my World Religions reading but kept falling asleep, and then listened to music until it was time to go to work.

I actually had people to tutor tonight!  It was crazy.  In my 4-hour shift, there was maybe 30 minutes where I wasn't tutoring someone.  So hey, I earned my keep for a change. ;)  I was literally working right up until my shift ended, which thankfully this guy and I finished in time because we're not allowed to work overtime.

Then I came back and watched Revenge.  Well, most of it.  I missed the first 10 minutes since it starts at 9 and my shift ends at 9.  But oh well, the beginning doesn't usually tell much, and what I saw was plenty.  I'll watch the rest at some point tomorrow.

Then, I somehow got wrangled into being the judge of who of my friends picked the best throwback music video.  Stacy's Mom was a close second, but no one can compete with this glory.



Oh yes.  You're welcome.  Now, I'm off to bed.

Mmm bop, ba du ba dop, ba du bop, ba du ba dop, ba du bop, ba du bap dop, ba duuuuuuu........

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment