Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Resolution

Insert the Hallelujah Chorus here.

Matt and I talked.  Big time.  Like, 50 minutes big time.  And I'm not sure we've ever had a phone conversation that long.  But it covered a lot of things.

Here's what's important, though.  He's not mad about Brennan anymore, but if we're being honest, I don't think he ever was.  He said he was disappointed, as in, "Come on, we've been through this," and he's worried, and protective, but not mad.  That's the Matt I know.  I can deal with him being worried if or until things go bad, but what I needed to hear was that my best friend would be here to support me always and to help pick up the pieces if need be.  And he will.  And that's all that matters.

That's all that matters, but this is where the miracle came in.  Matt understood things that I never expected him to understand:  that I'm trying to show Brennan grace, that I can't give up until I feel sure about the person that he is, the reasons why I really believe he's different this time, and so much else.

I'm just so relieved.  And happy.  Really happy.  I told him about what Brennan said about him understanding if I chose Matt over him if I had to choose, and his response "I would never make you choose.  I have no reason to do that."  Which is pretty much what I expected.

I feel like things can go back to normal now.  Two friendships I care about are in tact.  I don't have to worry about it anymore.  God answered so many prayers today.

I don't even know what else to say.  Sometimes God surprises me in the craziest possible ways.  I never expected this to go the way it did.

Thank you, Lord.  That's all I have left to say.  Just thank you.  I am grateful beyond measure.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment