Sunday, February 3, 2013

First time for everything.

When my dad was alive, he was a Washington Redskins fan.

After my dad died, we were left with a house full of women, and thus, the NFL never really mattered much.  We never watched the Super Bowl.  We never went to Super Bowl parties.  Heck, I only remember a couple years that I could even tell you who was in the Super Bowl, and that was only because I was in high school and people all over school would talk about it.

Well, as I've mentioned in recent weeks, Taylor turned me into a bit of a San Francisco 49ers fan.  And crazy old me promised him that if the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl, I would watch the Super Bowl for the first time in my entire life.  Why not, right?

They made it.  So here I sit in the Tutoring Center watching the live stream of the game on my computer.  The upside to working on Super Bowl Sunday is that even less people are going to come in for tutoring than usually do on Sundays, so I'm basically getting paid to watch the Super Bowl.  It's pretty awesome.

Not awesome?  How the 49ers are currently doing.  But there's plenty of game left.

Today was good.  I went to church, came back and took a shower, ate lunch, did my Public Policy reading, took a nap, got another every-week tutoring thing set up (yay more money) and goofed off until I came to work.  In the first hour of my shift, I wrote this little French thing that I needed to get done for Tuesday.  I wanted to get it done so I didn't have to worry about it tomorrow, and so I could enjoy watching the game without feeling guilty for not being productive.  Nerd problems: I feel guilty for watching sports if I have homework to do.

I will admit, I am curious to see what the hype about Super Bowl halftime shows is all about.

Because I always like my posts better when I put music on them, this is a song they performed at church today that I'd never heard before, but I really like it.  I love my church so much, and I'm so thankful to see how God is growing it.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment