Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Special Saturday

Why is it special?  Well, this is what one year ago was.

Mmhmm.  It's my 2-year Vesperversary.  :)  Silly, yes, but it's special to me.  It's crazy to think that I've only known those kids for two years.  They're some of the few people about whom I can say I truly can't remember what life was like before I knew them.  It feels like they've always been a part of my life, and even though that isn't the case, I hope and pray that we'll be friends forever.  I don't even need to explain how special they are to me.  This blog is full of that.

I had a pretty easy Saturday.  I don't have a ton of work to do, so I've gotten to be lazy quite a bit.  Thankfully, I didn't fall asleep, so I should sleep well tonight.  My sheets are clean and my legs are shaved, so that should help, too.  We'll see, I guess!  As an aside, every time I want to complain about having to do laundry, I think about the pictures I've seen from my friend JD's mission trips, and how there are women all over the world handwashing their ragged clothes in dirty creeks.  Perspective works wonders.

Today had two other big reminders of just how blessed I am in the friendship department.  First, my friend Summer took me to Walmart today because my food stash was literally down to peanut butter and jelly (no bread), ramen noodles, and popcorn.  Mom had texted me yesterday afternoon saying she got some money deposited because she knew that I needed to go shopping badly.  Well, I dropped by Lowes before Walmart to get some mounting tape, and my card got declined.  I get on my bank account online and find out that there is no money.  And of course, I couldn't get Mom on the phone to figure out what is going on.  Summer, the angel that she is, bought me a few days of necessities until I could figure out what happened with the money.  And she's letting me wait until I get my first tutoring paycheck to pay her back!  Such an angel.  Thankfully, First Citizens helped me figure out what happened, and my account is fixed.  Now I just have to find another ride to the store.

Second, I just got off the phone from about 90 minutes of girl talk with Kyla.  We've both been so crazy busy that we haven't had a good chat in ages.  We talked about so much.  I just love going to that sweet girl for wisdom.  I'm so thankful she never seems to get tired of hearing me talk.  :)  It's so nice to have those few select people that you can go to and share your heart and not be afraid of judgment and can just be 100% comfortable and open.  It never ceases to blow me away that I've never actually met her!  But that will be happening sooner or later...maybe sooner than I think. ;)  But seriously, she is such a blessing.  And I am so thankful that I have so many friendships that have God's handiwork written all over them, that tell me every time that He brought us into each other's lives to help both of us.  She is definitely one of those people.

Okay, I need to get to bed.  Tomorrow is the first Sunday that Theater Church is going to two services!  I'm not performing, but my friend Kristen is giving me a ride and she's going to the new 9:00 am service, so I have to be ready for that.  I'm so excited to get back!  Just like I am every week.  And I got the thing that Pastor Sean asked me for written up and emailed in tonight.  It's all about what to expect at the church from a visitor's perspective, with a bit of my own personal experience thrown in.  It felt good to write it.  As Taylor told me, "You know you've found your art when you know you'd do it even if no one was paying attention."  :)

It's been a good day.  Good night.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment