Friday, January 25, 2013

Thank God for an easy Friday!

For what I think is only the second time in my entire Campbell life, the university canceled afternoon classes because we got a nasty sleet storm and no one needs to be going out in this mess.  Of course, it would've been way cooler if it were snow (especially since it was 23 degrees this morning!), but hey, I'll take it.

This means I literally only had a half week.  Wednesday I didn't go to any of my classes because the intensity of the new med plan knocked me on my butt for a good 24 hours (hooray for understanding professors), and Thursday my only class was canceled because Dr. Steegar had to go to the dentist.  And then I only had a half day today, which turned out to be a major blessing because with the exhaustion that hit from all the new meds, I completely forgot there would've been a paper due in Public Policy today, and only remembered when I read Dr. Mero's email telling us to just bring the papers on Monday.  Whew.  I dodged a bullet on that one, since he doesn't accept late papers at all.

So that meant I got to take a fantastically long nap this afternoon once the afternoon was officially canceled.  It felt awesome.  Also awesome?  I'm feeling more improvement in my head day by day.  :)  I've only taken Ibuprofen once today, which is another good sign of improvement.  I'm still waiting patiently for the day when I can get on here and celebrate that the pain finally broke.  It's coming...I can feel it.

I have had a surprisingly productive evening, as well.  Usually I give myself Friday nights off to just veg, but since I had such a rough week, I couldn't really afford to take tonight off, as well.  I got my French work done for both classes (aside from the stuff I didn't understand and will need Dr. Steegar's help with), I read all the atlas stuff for International Relations, and I got a document typed up that I need to bring to church on Sunday.  All the new members joining the Worship Team need to bring a page saying why they want to serve with the Music Ministry and a little bit about their testimony and walk with Christ.  Well, needless to say, cutting down my testimony to less than a page was quite a feat, but I did it.

I'll probably be holed up in my room all day tomorrow due to the weather and the load of work I have left to do.
International Relations:  Read Chapter 3
World Religions:  Read Chapter 4, Study for Tuesday's make-up test on Chapters 1-3
Public Policy:  Read Chapter 3 in Peters' book and Chapter 2 in Smith's book for Paper 2 due Monday, Read Chapter 4 in Peters and Chapter 3 in Smith for Paper 3 due Friday

I need to have a very productive day tomorrow because Sunday is going to be absolutely nuts with church all morning, then worship practice, then working at the Tutoring Center, though if I'm lucky, no one will show up there so I'll be able to get some work done tomorrow night.  I guess we'll see!  For now, I'm going to bed as soon as I see Josh Bowman's interview on Jimmy Kimmel.  What can I say?  I love me some Revenge. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment