Saturday, January 12, 2013

Devils and Deacs, stand in line.


First things first, AHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Little old NC State, ranked #20 going into today's game, topped #1 Duke, undefeated this season going into this game, 84-76.  HOW ABOUT THAT WOLFPACK?!  No one who is being honest with themselves could have said they saw that one coming.  I hope this is a sign of good things to come this season for my boys. :)  (Pictured above would be Calvin "CJ" Leslie being lifted in the air at the end of the game after our fans stormed the court.  He later saved a kid knocked out of his wheelchair from being trampled.)

(And yes, I am aware that Wake won, as well.  That's only the title because it's from our fight song! No offense intended, Elizabeth!)

Okay, sorry, had to get that out of the way.  A win that epic and unexpected deserves to be recorded.

In other news, I've had an overall very good day despite the harsh pain.  I've gotten a little bit of homework done, had some great chats with wonderful friends (Kyla, Caitie, Amy), and am now watching the San Francisco 49ers kill it against the Green Bay Packers.  I know, I know.  I've never watched NFL in my life until this season, but Taylor's influence and passion convinced me to check out a 49ers game, and I never looked back.  It's rather addicting.  I'm lucky I'm one of those girls that likes sports.  It'll make finding a husband one day that much easier. ;)

I'm upping the dosage of this new migraine med starting tomorrow night.  I don't even have to ask my doctor's permission because when I got the bottle, the directions flat out said, "Take 1 pill every night at bedtime for 1 week. Then increase to 2 pills every night at bedtime if needed."  And since 1 pill has done nothing thus far, I'd say it's time.  My doc wants me to call her on Monday, anyway, so of course, I'll mention it.  I'm really hoping and praying that this will make a difference because the reading load for my classes is much higher this semester, and that is far more difficult for me to do than write papers when I'm in this kind of pain.

So yeah, despite the pain, it's been a good Saturday.  It's always a nice feeling when I can sit down and write a blog post and the amount of good stuff clearly outnumbers the bad.  I'm going to bed as soon as this game is over.  I'm excited to get back to Theater Church tomorrow!


Okay, I couldn't resist.  Go Pack!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wake forest (the "Deacs") won too :) they aren't standing in any lines! :) what a great day for state!

    ReplyDelete