Thursday, November 24, 2011

Maybe I jinxed it.

Here's a quote from my post three days ago.

"On holidays, everyone in my family seems to get along. Especially now that us "kids" are getting older, so Dustin and I really don't fight anymore. Even Chelsea gets a grip on life on holidays."

Heh.  Funny how things can change so drastically in just 72 hours, no?

Today was bad.

I actually did a lot better than I did yesterday in keeping my cool.  I don't think I've yelled once today.  But I've learned over the years that it doesn't do much good if only one person is putting in effort.  Chelsea was horrible, whining and moaning about every little thing and refusing to cooperate and picking fights at every possible opportunity.  That wouldn't have been so bad by itself, because it's certainly not anything any of us aren't used to.  But combine in my mom and grandma yelling back and bitching about everything constantly and taking it out on me when I was actually keeping my mouth SHUT, and you get our family's special brand of hell.  And I get to do it all again tomorrow in front of more family.

It's really sad when it's Thanksgiving, a day where you're supposed to be with family and talk and rejoice in all the good things you have in life, and you're holed up in your room having a really hard time thinking anything except how badly you wish you weren't home.

Oh Lord, please help me to find my inner peace in You, no matter what my family says or does.  Help me to remember all the good things and people I have.  Please just help me.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment