Saturday, November 19, 2011

An Equation

‎22 first downs

+ 0 turnovers

+ 2 fumble recoveries

+ 2 interceptions

+ 398 total yards

+ 6 sacks

+ beating the #7 team in the nation

= a great day of football for the Wolfpack!


Now, I don't care about the NFL.  I don't care about the records of any other college teams, but one thing is for sure: I love me some Wolfpack!

And nothing makes me prouder than seeing my team surprise EVERYONE and beat a team that every sports reporter on TV expected to crush us.  Actually, what would make me prouder is beating Maryland next Saturday and becoming bowl eligible.  That would REALLY shock the world. :)

Seriously, though, it's not every day that an unranked, struggling team beats a team in the Top 10 in the country.  And Clemson has the number 1 offense in the conference, yet they only got 3 points in the first quarter, and then 10 in the fourth, and they gave up 4 turnovers.

I'm sorry if you don't care about football and this is boring for you.  I'm just so ridiculously excited.  I thought when we lost to Boston College last weekend, our chances to get sent to a bowl were gone because we had to win two of our last three games in order for it to happen (last weekend, this weekend and next weekend).  But no!  It's still possible!  I can't wait to get back to Carter-Finley Stadium next weekend.  With so much riding on the game, the stadium is going to be ridiculous.

So yes.  That was lovely.  And that's all the time I've got to spare.  It's 11:15 pm and I've still got a LOT of reading I have to do before I can go to bed.  I've been doing homework all day, even through the game, but this is just how it gets at the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a wolfpack fan too, although I pay more attention to basketball than football. Go team!

    ReplyDelete