Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I am grateful.

At first I was annoyed by everything that happened today, that we were on lockdown for what turned out to be nothing.

But the more I thought about it, the more grateful I became.

When I heard the words "gunman on campus" my thoughts immediately went to the Virginia Tech massacre from April 2007.  I don't know why, but they did.  The terror and pain that wracked that campus is unimaginable.  And I was scared we were going to live through it, too.  I texted all of my friends making sure they were safe.  I don't know what I'd do if someone I loved was hurt like that.

But no.  We are safe.  Life returns to normal tomorrow.  And that is just an incredible blessing.

This is my Facebook status that I just posted.  I mean every word of it.

"Tonight, I'm going to bed grateful. Grateful that the incident today was nothing serious and no one was hurt, not even the guy who caused it all. Grateful that my school's administration takes protecting its staff and students so seriously. Grateful that God was watching out for us, because we've all seen how something like this can turn out to be a disaster. We're lucky that today wasn't."

Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment