Tuesday, August 9, 2011

PRETTY!

We did end up going to Wilmington today. I kinda figured after a while it was a case of "Mom didn't really mean what she said", but Mom didn't officially say it till we were on the way back from taking Blake to daycare.  And then we went to my family doctor's office where I waited 20 minutes to get a blood draw that takes one minute and didn't even get it done because we had to get home for Mommom to pick us to go to Wilmington because Chelsea had an 11:00 appointment at the bridal shop today.  (WHOA BABY, that was a really long sentence. Sorry! Too tired to care.)

Chelsea got her dress!  Of course, I'm not allowed to show it to you, sorry, but I will tell you that it is GORGEOUS.

And I got my maid of honor dress.  I'm calling it that because it is different from the rest of the bridesmaids' dresses because I need a long dress because I have to wear flats (I have zero balance, something you need with heels) and it's apparently some sort of law that if you have a short dress you have to wear heels. (Wow, another long sentence! What is wrong with me tonight?)

Anyway, the point is, I got my dress, and it is PERFECT.  I am SO stoked to wear it!!  Look!



I am THRILLED, with both the dress and the color.  We actually got it down to two colors, this (called Malibu) and a much more muted, duller blue (called Cornflower).  Chelsea and the bridal consultant (who was AWESOME) really wanted the Cornflower and Mom and I were in love with the Malibu, and somehow Mom convinced Chelsea to let Shane decide.  And even more amazing than that is that Chelsea didn't go into a massive rage when Shane picked Malibu.  I'm glad he did.  I know, I know, it's Chelsea's wedding, and I honestly would wear any color she asked me to and wouldn't complain, but I'm happy. 

Plus we found the style for the rest of the bridesmaids and got information aboutt renting tuxedos for the guys, and there was minimal fighting (trust me, it's impossible to go an entire day in this family without arguing about something), so I'd call it a successful day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is gorgeous. :) Bridal shopping is an adventure... there are some interesting memories of shopping when my older sister got married in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always just been told what to wear, but after a ton of weddings, I can't say that I have a problem with any of them and have worn my maid of honor dress three times! Ann Taylor is where most of them came from...and the one this past summer was Victoria's Secret (beach wedding). THANKFULLY I have no more weddings I am in...it can be costly...you will see as your friends start getting married. At Katie's wedding I asked where the "honor" part of being maid of honor was...cause I felt like a maid!
    Enjoy! Remember, the wedding is just a day...a marriage is a lifetime. People tend to forget that these days!

    ReplyDelete