Friday, August 5, 2011

Sometimes technology annoys me.

I bought a bunch of blank DVDs last week so I could burn the TV shows I have in my iTunes library to them.  This way, if anything ever happens to this computer (*knock on wood*) I won't have to deal with losing all the shows I have and all the money I've spent on them won't go to waste. 

The idea seemed simple enough.  I mean, I know how to work iTunes, I know how to burn discs, I know how to burn discs in iTunes, so I should have no problem, right?
Wrong.  I got one disc complete (discs can only hold so much, so this has to be done on multiple DVDs), and now am on the fourth try of getting the second disc to work.  Apparently, if you accidentally hit the button to open the CD drive in the middle of a burn, it renders the entire disc forever useless. Forever.  That's lame.  And it happened TWICE, because I am a complete dork.  I have no idea what the heck happened the third time, but I really need this to work this time because a) I need to go to bed soon, and b) I only bought 15 discs!

On the other hand, my life is pretty freakin' awesome if this is my biggest problem tonight.  :)

I got up at 7:30 and did laundry, laundry, and more laundry.  And then some last minute picking up before the carpet guy arrived at 11:30.  He did an amazing job!  I just want it to hurry up and dry so I can get the house all organized again.  It should be dry tomorrow.

I'm gonna sleep good tonight.  Four and a half hours of sleep plus the crazy amount of work that Mom and I did today?  Oh yes, I'll sleep like a log. 

If only these dics would hurry up... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment