Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm hoping it was just a bad glue job.

My mother has always told me that I'm stronger than I look.  I've always considered myself rather weak, and rightfully so considering how badly nineteen surgeries can hinder your ability to gain muscle strength, so I never really believed her all that much. 

This is relevant because Sunday night, I was flossing my teeth.  Wait, that's redundant, what else would I be flossing?  Anyway, it took me a while to get the floss threader through my teeth under my top permanent retainer because my stupid gums stay horribly swollen all of the time.  When I finally got it through and tried to start flossing, I heard a pop.  I looked down and there on the counter sat my permanent retainer.

Like seriously, I have no idea how that happened.  I had no idea it was even loose until it fell out.  I called my orthodontist, but they couldn't fit me in today.  So I'm going tomorrow afternoon.  It's a little annoying to feel the dried glue on the back of my teeth, but hey, at least this happened now and not in three weeks when I'm back at school.  And I can go shopping for the last few items that I forgot without dragging Mom out of the house in the heat an extra trip.

The good news is the appointment isn't till 3:00 so I don't have to wake up early.  I want to enjoy every late sleep that I can get here at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment