Thursday, August 25, 2011

I almost got beat by a plastic lemon.

This stupid plastic lemon.


All I wanted was to put some lemon juice in my tuna.  That's it!  My mom said I should buy this because it's small and my refrigerator is tiny.  So I did.  Except that was before I knew that the makers of this lemon apparently have no other source of fun in their lives and therefore had to make it ridiculously hard to open. 

I know you can't see it, but the top pops on.  One would think that would be all that is necessary.  Nope.  I didn't know how to get the juice out.  I tried unscrewing it.  Nope.  I tried pulling on it.  Nope.  I tried poking it with a pen.  I got so irritated I texted Mom and she couldn't help me.  She suggested trying to poke the hole with scissors. 

Finally, I remembered that I had a second one, and it still had the tag on it, which had directions.  "Pop on lid. Poke through hole with pin."  Of course

Frustrated, I tried poking the pen through that one and it worked!

Hallelujah.  Because it really wouldn't have been good for my confidence if I'd gotten beaten by a plastic lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment