Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I missed Gaylord.

Hey, that got your attention, didn't it? ;)

Gaylord would be our mascot. 

Oh yes, our mascot is a camel named Gaylord.  I didn't even know that was really used as a name outside of the Meet the Parents trilogy until I got to this school.

Maybe he only comes out for football games?  He is quite hilarious, a very good mascot.

The soccer game was good. 3-0 Campbell, and it would've been Ryann's third consecutive shut-out if her jerk of a coach hadn't taken her out for no reason in the last few minutes.  (And those are her words, not mine.)  And I got to see Kyle, which was nice.  He actually sat with me, too, and I was a little surprised since he didn't seem like he would when we talked Monday.  It felt fantastic outside, too, once the sun set behind the trees.

The most hilarious part of the night was when a woman sitting behind us at the game asked me...wait for it......if I had a daughter playing on the team.  Now, I'm VERY used to people thinking I'm much older than I am, but I have never had someone be nearly that far off before!!  And no matter how many times it happens, it never gets old. :)

I got to have dinner with Amy beforehand, too.  I bought her dinner for her.  She was incredibly surprised, but I paid for it with the Camel Bucks I get on my meal plan, so it really didn't cost me a dime. ;) Ha!  Plus, I mean, I thought it'd be nice after all the driving me around she has done for free.

Even though I hate it, I think I'm gonna have to go to bed with wet hair tonight.  I forgot my blowdryer at home, and 6:30 is way too early for me to wait for my hair to dry on its own.

2 comments:

  1. People think you are old enough to have a kid in college, yet people STILL THINK I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I recall correctly, you're in one of the Carolinas, right? I hope that you and your family are safe and far, far inland as Hurricane Irene comes. Here in PA where I live, we're supposed to get hit too, but not as badly as the Carolinas. I keep on praying that Irene will turn east and go far away from the entire east coast!

    ReplyDelete