Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bad and Good

Whining: The Bad

The 31st cannot come soon enough.

Not because I'm ready for this year to end or anything.  On the contrary, this year has been incredible, and there are several days I wouldn't mind the least little bit reliving a time or two or a thousand.

But simply because that is the day I am going to see my neurologist and hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) getting a plan in action to figure out why this latest migraine medicine quit working and I have had only about 7 days in the past 4 months where my head did not hurt.  The appointment was originally going to be on the 26th, but Mom made me move it because the 25th and 26th are the only days Holly and Michael could get off of work.  Having to wait five extra days wouldn't normally frustrate me much, but when I'm in this much pain, five extra days absolutely sucks, even if it is for a good reason like Holly coming home.  But I'm trying to be positive and do as a friend suggested and praying that this move of the date will be a divine appointment and something really helpful will come out of it.

Gratitude: The Good

I started Radical, and I can already tell it's going to be a life changer!  I can't thank my sweet friend Laura enough for sending it to me!  In fact, I think I'm going to read another chapter or two before I go to bed.

The Wolfpack won. :)

I've spent a LOT of time talking to a certain sweet guy the past couple days, and that always makes my life a bit brighter. :)  Yes, it's this guy, and I hold to what I said before - when there is something worth telling, I will tell.  He is special, and I'm doing my best not to let my heart or my dreams get away from me.

Matt is working on Christmas (yeah, I don't get it, his restaurant was closed on Thanksgiving but is open on Christmas), but he says that when we go up to Raleigh on the 31st, he will make sure I see him somehow.  That's very sweet of him since he works so much, but we haven't seen each other since the beginning of September, but thankfully, his restaurant is only a mile and a half from my doctor, so it shouldn't be too hard to work out since my appointment is at 2:30 and his shift doesn't usually start until after 3:00.

I emailed to get the information for the summer internships at the French Embassy in DC for this summer.  You know you're blessed when working in DC is your back-up plan.

The Vespers released a new song today.  I may or may not have known about it for a while now, and I also may or may not be completely in love with it.  I couldn't be more proud of my friends if I tried. :)  Say hello to "Please", which, in my opinion, is one of their best songs to date, if not their absolute best.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment