Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Because I'm too tired to come up with a more creative title.

I woke up at 9:00, ate a quick breakfast, and then immediately got to work.  Mom goes into massive panic cleaning mode at every holiday, and this one was no different.  But Chelsea was at work (and thankfully Blake's daycare was open for part of the day), which meant I was the only one here to help.  I cleaned out her car, the bathrooms, did a ton of laundry, and basically did whatever miscellaneous things she needed me to do from then until just before 2:00 when Blake had to be picked up.  Then, Mommom and I went to get him, and I basically babysat him for two hours while Mom cooked.  Then, Mommom came back to get him and took him with her to get Chelsea from work and Ryan (Chelsea's boyfriend) from the Base (he's a Marine).  I was picking up and doing more laundry the entire time.

When Mommom, Blake, Chelsea, and Ryan got here, we sat down and had a delicious lasagna for dinner.  Mom kept talking about how she hoped it would turn out well because she hasn't made lasagna in a long time, and Chelsea and I kept telling her that of course it would turn out well because everything she cooks is amazing.  We were right.  It was incredible.

After dinner, we let Blake open his presents from the family so that he doesn't get too overwhelmed tomorrow.  He got more Hot Wheels, a helmet (which believe it or not, he's been asking for for weeks), this Etch-a-Sketch type thing, and a firetruck and police car.











Then we just hung out for the rest of the night, played with Blake until he went to bed, and watched Meet the Parents.  I know, great choice for Christmas Eve, but it never gets old. :)

And now I'm going to bed because it's been a very long day and it's going to be an even longer day tomorrow.

Holly and Michael will be getting here in the middle of the night, and yes, there will be pictures of all the family tomorrow.  Blake's just the cute one.  The rest of us don't look cute tonight. :p

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! When I wake up, I'm getting a CAT SCAN!!!

(No, not really.  In case you didn't get the reference, that's a quote from my favorite Christmas movie The Santa Clause.)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment