Friday, December 14, 2012

Newtown: Sometimes words fail me.

Like today.

I will never have adequate words to describe the pain I feel in my heart for the people of Newtown, Connecticut.

Just like there will never be adequate words to console the families who were told that their child won't get to see Christmas Day.

I just don't have words.

All I know right now is that I am so thankful that as a Christian, I have the reassurance that the peace of Heaven is waiting for me and that this world is not my home.  I can only hope and pray that the families of the victims either have this same reassurance now, or that they find it.

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

John 16:33 "I tell you these things so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world."

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment