Saturday, December 1, 2012

I clearly have my priorities straight.

All work and no play makes Mal a dull girl.  That's why I try to find that balance between work and play that is oh-so-essential for me to, ya know, stay sane.

Well, one paper down, two to go.  I guess that's progress.

I didn't get nearly as much done as I should have because of my headache.  (I CANNOT WAIT to go see my neurologist at the end of the month.)  So I didn't start until this afternoon.

But hey, my Municipal Government paper is done, and it's the one due on Monday.

Now, I have the two monsters: my French Lit paper due on Wednesday, and my French History paper due on Thursday.  And yes, they have to be written in French.  Hence why I call them the monsters.

But I can do this.  I will do this.  Mostly because I don't have any other choice.

Granted, I probably could've gotten a lot more done tonight had I solely focused on work once I started.  But no.

I talked to Alex, checking on him after his big LSAT this morning.  That kid just makes me happy.  More guys need to be like him.

I got way too caught up in the Twitter live play-by-play of the SEC Championship football game.  I highly dislike Alabama.

Lastly, I went over to Ryann's apartment for an hour and a half.  Normally, I wouldn't do that with this much on my plate, but a couple of her friends are down visiting from northern Virginia, and I wanted to meet them.  I don't regret it for a second because that was the best night I've had in a looooooong time. :)  Her two friends and I totally hit it off.  New friends are fun.  Thank God for Facebook.  I watched most of Elf (never seen it before!),ate some delicious pumpkin bread, and laughed hysterically the entire time.

Now, ask me if I still feel that way later this week when I'm in panic mode over these papers and finals.  Ha.

Meh, you know what they say, if the decision felt right in the moment, it was the right decision to make.  Or something like that.  At least that's what I'm choosing to tell myself.

I know what you're thinking.  Don't say it.

Priorities, people.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment