Friday, December 7, 2012

Sometimes plans change.

I had plans for both lunch and dinner with two different friends today, and they both got canceled in the past 24 hours because, well, we're in the middle of finals week and school things happen and they have to come first.  Thankfully, the dinner plans got rescheduled for lunch on Monday, because the guy who's the other half of the equation is graduating next weekend and then is moving back to New York where he's from, so it's likely that I will never see him again.  Lunch was with Morgan, but she isn't graduating until May, so we'll have next semester to hang out some. :)

But anyway, yeah, I suddenly found myself with a very open day today.  At first, I was disappointed, but you know, the day turned out to be pretty awesome anyway.

I finished reading Crazy Love.  I know, right?  The girl who just yesterday said reading was never really a hobby read an entire book in less than 24 hours.  I don't even know what to say about it quite yet.   There's a lot to process.  Chan hit several of my biggest struggles and insecurities in his words.  I think I'm going to read it again once finals are over and I get home before I say anything else because there's so much in there, I'm sure I'll see something new the second time through.

I had a very long talk with Taylor.  It started out with me processing the book and asking him questions, but then, as my conversations with him always do, turned to a lot of other things.  I'm such a words of affirmation person that hearing simple things like "I'm proud of you" from someone who knows me, especially someone who knows the ugly parts of my life like he, Matt, and Ryann do, really can make my day.  :)  Believe it or not, being 100% vulnerable with someone is still a difficult thing for me to do, so to know that I have a friend that I can be that open with and never be judged is such a comfort.  It's nice to have a place you can go and be completely open in talking about your faith and your walk with Christ and your questions and struggles and not fear anyone telling you you're not good enough.

I edited a friend's personal statement for their law school application.  I am such a grammar nerd - does anyone else volunteer to proofread their friends' papers, essays, personal statements, books, and the like, or is it just me?  Ah well, it's fun for me, it's something I'm good at, and I got to help someone I care dearly about.  That's good enough for me.

I got my practice essays/studying for tomorrow's final (BOO SATURDAY FINALS, this is new hopefully the registrar really is getting rid of this like a professor told me) done at a good hour, and I feel good about the exam tomorrow.

And I listened to a lot, and I mean A LOT, of music.  That's always a good day for me.

So yeah, I'm happy. :)

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment