Friday, August 3, 2012

It's official! I'm a TFAS alum!

(Yeah, yeah, I sort of disappeared there for a bit.  Friday got way too busy for me to have time to blog, and I didn't pull out my computer once while Mom, Mommom, and I were in the city, so here I am, playing catch up.  I'm saving the story I had to tell until after I get through the recap of the last days in DC.  It's really not that big of a deal.)

Graduation day.

I had to wake up at 7:30 to beat the other girls in the bathroom to get ready.  Naturally, I was done way too early, so I left earlier than I planned to head down to where the photos were being taken of each institute.  My institute had the last photo time slot, so it was a bit of standing around and waiting.  I got a complete stranger to take a picture of me because some friends wanted to see me all dressed up.


Remember this dress? :)

The whole program had a ceremony, and then each institute broke off for their own program.  I finally got my hands on this.


And then it really sunk in that it was official.  I really survived this intense program.  Afterwards, I got a few pictures.


This is Haley.  She's kind of my hero.  I have no idea how she does what she does, but she's seriously one of the sweetest people ever!


And this is Remley.  I told her since I got a picture with her on the first day, I wanted one with her on the last day, too.  Thankfully, she obliged my love for pictures. :)


This one I just got because Georgetown pretty much stole a piece of my heart this summer.  I can't wait to go back!  Hopefully next time I do, I'll be a graduate student. :)

Then, I went back to change, eat lunch, and finish packing.  Mom and I decided I would totally move everything out of my apartment that day and stay in the hotel with her and Mommom that night so we could avoid the 400 people who would be trying to move out the next day.

They arrived about 2:30, and it took us about an hour to get everything loaded into the car.  It was a tight squeeze, but we made it work.  We took my books to the local UPS store to mail them back to the company I rented them from, and then drove to the hotel (the one on Georgetown's campus across the street from Henle) for a bit.  We relaxed for about an hour, and then walked down to The Tombs for dinner, which was a special request from Mom.  On the way back, we went by the bookstore and Mom insisted on buying me some Georgetown goodies.

After that, I got ready for the TFAS graduation party.  I stopped to get a picture with my favorite friend from the program, Chris, because he decided he didn't feel like going to the party.


Then, I went to the party, hung out with friends, danced like an idiot for about an hour, and got pictures with some people before I decided to go back to the hotel because I was exhausted.  It was a good day, but hard to say goodbye to some people I may never get to see again.


Sarah


Cody, or as many refer to him, "Codes"


Reed, sorry it's blurry, but this kid really looks like a blond Danny Zuko. I think it's the hair.


Jonathan


Kristen, the girl who was the emcee at Trivia Night on my birthday and got the whole room to sing for me

When I got back to the room, I finally got to take a shower and get the six inches of sweat off me from the moving out and dancing.  It was a really good ending to an amazing summer.

Thank God for social media.

1 comment: