Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Waiting Game

I know I said I was going to tell you the story that I was referring to in this post, but, well, I've been doing a lot of thinking the past few days, and I really don't want to get into it.  All that I need to say is that Gabe and Nate are not my friends, and I'm surprisingly okay with that.  I spent two hours on Skype with Louis tonight, and I feel like I'm sure of the decision I had to make.  I came to the realization that the only way for me to NOT end up heartbroken at the end of this is to pick a side. I didn't do it for the good of the club, I did it for my own sanity.  So yeah, that is that.

In other news, I had my CT today.  It went just about like I expected:  I had to drink something really gross last night and this morning, I couldn't eat or drink anything before the test, they injected iodine into an IV and it made me feel like my crotch was on fire (TMI? sorry), and it'll be a few days before I have results.  So now, I wait.  I hate waiting.  I'm praying specifically for peace and patience.

I can't wait for Campbell.  This house is just too much.  I'm thankful I had good conversations with Kyla and Michal to help me deal with today.  Those girls were the perfect mix of wisdom, advice, and distraction.  One thing I'm learning more and more with time is that as great as the guys that I'm friends with are (Matt, Taylor, Bruno, Louis, etc), as a young Christian woman, good and reliable girlfriends play a crucial part in my journey.

I'm exhausted.  I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, and then I really need to organize my room.  It's a disaster.

Good night, world.  It's been a long day.  I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment