Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet

"Sweet" is one of my favorite adjectives.  I use it a lot, and not just to describe food or people.

Sometimes, it means something similar to "awesome."

As in, today was pretty sweet.

Carolina lost the championship of the ACC Tournament. While I'm not exactly a fan of the Florida State Seminoles, I'm a big fan of anyone beating Carolina, and I think it's nice that they won the championship for the first time in school history.

My beloved Wolfpack got a bid to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in six years, with a coach who is only in his first season with us.  This means our chances for redemption this season are still alive...especially because we're in the same bracket as Carolina.  What Mark Gottfried has been able to do with this team in one year is just phenomenal.

I got the HECK out of my house.  Not only is Blake still sick, Mom woke up feeling "like death," and I cannot afford to get sick, especially with my trip in three weeks.  Plus, Chelsea is...Chelsea, and she pretty much makes me want to punch her in the face every time she opens her mouth, so it was best for both of us that I left.

I'm back at school.  With my friends.  On my own.  Able to take care of myself and do what I want and need without anyone bugging the crap out of me all the time.

I'm probably the only college student on the planet who is happy to see Spring Break end, but it is what it is.

Now whether I'll still feel this way at 6:30 tomorrow morning is a completely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment