Saturday, March 3, 2012

189%

Guess what that is about.

My mom and I went to Belk in Morehead City to return the stuff that she got me from there that didn't fit, and see if we could find some pants.

I've mentioned before how good my mom is at bargain shopping.  And how much I hate clothes shopping in general.  But I went because I wanted to get out of the house and away from Chelsea, and because Mom didn't want to buy more stuff and risk it not fitting me again.

So about 3:30 we left and went to eat grouper at The Ice House, and then went.  In basically two hours, I got a suit, five pairs of pants, and I don't know how many tops.  That's not the impressive part, though.

The impressive part is the fact that it was $535 worth of clothes that we got for $185.  That's 189% savings.  Which I find to be ridiculously awesome, and is something I never would've been able to do on my own.

My wardrobe for this summer is almost complete.  It's becoming more and more real by the day.  I'm spending 8 weeks in DC by myself this summer. :D (I just wish they'd hurry up and tell me where I've been placed! Haha, impatient me.)

We're all going out to dinner for Blake's birthday tomorrow.  Holly and Michael are coming in late tonight, which I'm already sort of dreading, but I'm going to try and keep my mouth shut.  I make no promises, though.  Then we have to go return some more stuff at places in Jacksonville.

My mom rocks.  Even when my sisters drive me absolutely insane, my mom always rocks.  Even when she and I argue, she rocks.  She can make me laugh like pretty much no one else, and I would not be alive without her.  I'm so lucky to have a woman like her in my life, and my kids will be blessed if I am half the mother she is.

That's all I've got for tonight.  I need to save my energy for tomorrow, because it's certainly going to be nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment