Monday, March 26, 2012

It's a good thing I went, then, isn't it?

Late last night, I decided I was going to the infirmary today.  It's been three weeks since this cough started.  For a while, I thought it was just allergies because my asthma gets affected when my allergies are messed up, and my house during Spring Break was dusty, and it's March in North Carolina so the pollen count is ridiculous.

Then, Friday night I actually started (TMI alert) coughing up thick green hunks of mucus.  That is my #1 sign that I have a respiratory infection.  This happened all weekend long, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I made it through French Lit, which was surprising since I had to give a presentation.  Afterwards, I went to the infirmary, and over the next 90 minutes, I got a steroid shot in my butt (fun!), a nebulizer treatment, and prescription for a Prednisone burst and an antibiotic because, surprise surprise, I have a respiratory infection.

I'm so glad I went today.  I HAVE to be back to normal by Nashville, which is happening IN A WEEK!!!

I missed Psychology because I was stuck in the infirmary, but I made it to Water Aerobics, so that's a success.

And now I'm going to sleep because, well, my chest hurts like crap and being sick drains your energy.  I'm thankful I get to sleep in tomorrow.

2 comments: