Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rare things happen.

This school just keeps getting better and better.  And yes, this time I'm actually being serious.  Y'all know how much I love this place, no matter how much I can complain about it.  Tonight I had dinner with a guy I met at the debate.  His name is Alex.  He was actually one of the debaters on the Republican side.  It was truly fantastic.  (No.  He has a girlfriend.)  We spent the entire time talking about politics, and I also found out that he did my internship program in DC last year, which was just freaky. I think a big issue with politics and people who like to talk about is the fact that people seem to think that someone disagreeing with them means that they automatically hate them.  It feels nearly impossible to have a civil political debate with someone who is on the opposite side nowadays.  That was one of the most interesting conversations I've had in a long time.

Plus I got to have a 20 minute conversation with Matt today, which is a ridiculously hard thing to do as of late, since he's all I-grew-up-and-graduated-college-and-then-went-and-got-myself-4-jobs-so-I-have-zero-free-time now.  Good thing I kind of like that kid. ;)  I really love how he's still my best friend even though we talk so rarely now.  Because we know we love each other even though life has put us in different places now.  That's real friendship.  I'm so grateful that I am finally secure in us.

Plus I got to have lunch with Ryann, which is also rare, because she is also incredibly busy.

Plus I got some really good sleep last night, which is also rare, because I've been sleeping like crap pretty much all the time.

Plus I saw a guy wearing a Wolfpack shirt in Chick-Fil-A, which is rare (the seeing someone wearing Wolfpack, not seeing it in Chick-Fil-A), and I (not loudly) yelled "Go Wolfpack!" at him.  I wasn't even thinking and got really embarrassed when he turned around, but he just smiled and laughed and did this little fist pump motion (except not in the cheesy way like those weirdos on Jersey Shore).  Awkward moment avoided, which is also rare because, well, you know me. :p

Yay happy things.  I'm tired now.

1 comment: