Thursday, December 22, 2011

Big Fan

I'm a big fan of days like today.

Chelsea was at work.  Blake was at daycare.  Mom and I slept in (yay for no 5:45 am wake up!) and ran a bunch of errands.

It was just nice.  No fighting and lots of laughter. 

Funniest part of the day:  Mom went by Navy Federal Credit Union to make a payment on her credit card debt.  She drove through and sent the money up those nifty little chutes they have in the drive through area.  A teller popped up on the video screen, and she said Mom had to come inside because it had been more than 30 days since her last payment and it wasn't written in her account that she was allowed to pay in the drive through or whatever.  Mom and the teller kind of bickered back and forth for a couple minutes, and then Mom said, "How about I just drive off and leave it here?" And then she just drove off.  We could still hear the teller going, "Ma'am? Ma'am? Ma'am!" as we left.  I laughed until I cried all the way to Bed Bath & Beyond.  Part of the reason it was so funny is just the act in general (Mom said, "What are they gonna do? Call the cops and tell them I tried to pay my credit card debt?") and part of it was because it is so unlike my Mom to do something like that!

My joints are aching.  My hip popped several times in the middle of Target, something it's never done before (at least I don't think it has), and it's been bugging me ever since.  I'm hoping it will be better tomorrow.

I am so tired.  I think I'm just gonna get ready for bed.  It's not like I have anything else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment