Monday, December 12, 2011

I'd like it put on record.

That my mother is, in fact, where I get my stubbornness from.  And my craziness, too, but that's a whole separate post. ;)

It is almost 2:00 in the morning.  My mother's wake-up call is 6:00.  Where is my mother right now? 

Her bed, one would think. 

But no.  She's in the living room grading.  Because apparently, even though progress reports or report cards are not due tomorrow, she decided she had to get this grading done tonight.  And then proceeded to wait until 8:00 pm to start.

I gave up on trying to get her to go to bed.  There's no changing her mind.  And her staying up all night isn't going to affect me so hey, whatever.

Mind you, I did help for quite a while.  But grading page after page after page after page of worksheets on comma placement where HONORS students cannot figure out that the comma goes INSIDE the quotation marks gave me a migraine.  It is a miracle that she does not explode from laughter every single day at the laziness and stupidity she has to deal with.  Reason #59684687 why I know I am NOT meant to be a teacher.  But I will be continuing to grade these dang things while she is at work tomorrow.  Because I love her.  And she dyed my hair and bought me a smartphone.  But mostly because I love her.  I promise.

My sinuses have calmed down, but my chest still hurts pretty bad.  I hope this does not mean I'm getting sick.  I'm not sure what's going on quite yet.

I'm cold.  It's a nice change from Burkot.

I'm also exhausted.  So this is where this post ends.

Yay vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment