Friday, March 25, 2011

I. am losing. my mind.

There's so much stuff I have to do.

I know there is.

But here's the problem.

I can't remember any of it.

It's like I've been drugged or something.

Maybe that joke I used to make about college making me dumber isn't such a joke after all.

Not having a migraine all day today might help things, but alas, that's not the case.

Something surprising did happen today, though.

There's a girl named Ryann (pronounced like Ryan) in my History, Statistics, and French classes. (Yeah, freaky how that worked out.)  I used to think that she didn't like me very much.  Don't know why.  Well, today before French we were waiting and talking about our History test on Monday and Statistics test on Tuesday and how we hope our French test isn't before next Friday otherwise we'll be way crammed, and before I knew it, she asked me if I wanted to study with her on Sunday for History (both of us have aced both of the Statistics test, so we're not worried about that).  I wasn't expecting that at all, but of course I said yes.  I love studying with people who actually want to put in the effort, and I know she will because she's stressed about doing well on it.  I guess I haven't been giving her enough credit.

Plus, after that, she asked me what year I was, and when I told her I'm a first-semester sophomore, she asked me why that was, and that turned into a huge conversation about all my medical stuff, like the 2009 brain surgeries, and she surprised me again by seeming to be genuinely interested and caring about all that I've dealt with.  I always worry about talking about that stuff because I don't want to come off like I want people to feel sorry for me, and I said that, and she was like "Oh no, definitely not, I asked!"  :)

So yeah, today has just made me happy. :)  Maybe people aren't so bad after all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment