Saturday, March 12, 2011

Exactly What I Needed

I desperately needed a reprieve today.

I will admit that I think I'm PMSing right now, so I'm a little more irritable than usual, but I'm just seriously fed up with this house.

All the bad moods.

All the arguing.

All the Mom taking her frustrations out on me despite me trying to be the bright spot in her life while she and Chelsea go at each other.

(Needless to say, I'm very happy to be going back to school tomorrow.)

So when I found out a few days ago that Matt really was coming home for Spring Break, I prayed that I would be able to see him sometime between Friday night when he came home and Sunday afternoon when I left.  I was desperate for the reprieve he offers.

Well, he came over tonight for about an hour and a half.  It was exactly what I needed

We spent most of the time just laying on my bed talking. 

Okay, I spent most of the time talking.

But he listened.  Which is something I feel like I've been greatly lacking in lately.  Someone who hears me.

And you know what he said before he left?  "Let me know if anything else happens, if you need me."  He. cares.  He honestly cares.  I will never understand why I questioned him so much.  And he understands that I have no idea why I did it, but also that I couldn't help it.  This is why I love him so much (and this time I mean it as my best friend).  He just gets me.  He gets how I feel.   He gets how I think.  He gets how my mind and my heart work and process things and react to things.  And he doesn't get mad about it.  He truly is the most understanding person I know.

I am so lucky.


And you know what?  Despite my crazy ugly sweaty hair, I LOVE this picture.  Because it's us.  Real.  Not concerned with what we look like.  Just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment