Wednesday, December 1, 2010

GIDDY

I am just absolutely giddy right now.

Two reasons why.

First, remember that band I love so much?  You know, Scarlet Grey, the one I've talked to for three years and went seven hours away for to see their show but then I didn't get to see their show because of strobe lights and I cried because I wouldn't get to see them but then Holly drove me back to the venue and I ended up hanging out with the whole band and got free stuff and had one of the best nights of my entire life?

Yeah, well tonight they were doing an interview that was being broadcast online (audio and video) and the interviewer said send in your phone numbers and Ben might call you.  So I did, just on a whim, thinking that 800+ people were watching/listening and the chance of them seeing MY number was slim. 

Well about sixty seconds later, my phone rang.

BEN CALLED ME.  And I was on the interview broadcast!

I know it seems silly to be so excited about a two-minute phone call, but I just absolutely LOVE these boys and miss them so much, and it just made me feel so special. :)

Reason #2?  There's a boy.

And here's the earth-shattering news: It's not Matt.

This is gonna sound really, really stupid...but oh well.

I don't remember how much I've talked about the trip that I took to England in the summer of 2008, but the gist of it is that my mom helped her friend/colleague chaperone the club she ran at the high school on a trip to England, and somehow I magically got to go along.

It was like 8 of us Americans (plus 2 American adults) going and actually living with host families, whose kids are in the English version of the same club the other American kids were in.

We all keep in touch with each other on Facebook, or at least, I keep up with the British kids (the New Bern kids were a bit snobbish and I was the outsider...again). 

And lemme tell ya, the British boys? Waaaaay nicer, funnier, and more chivalrous than American boys.

Well, one of those British boys is named Jaymie (but everyone calls him Jay, kind of like everyone calls me Mal).

That's him.  This is the best, most normal picture I could find on his Facebook. 

Anyway, like I've said, I've been talking to him ever since the whole trip two and a half years ago.  And the whole reason I started rambling about him is the fact that lately there's been a lot of flirting between us and it makes really happy. :)

Now, don't worry, I'm not completely delusional and I realize that him being in England and me being over here means this can never be anything more than shameless flirting. 

The reason it's got me so giddy tonight is the fact that I don't even remember the last time a guy has said the things to me that he says.  Like calling me beautiful and gorgeous and love, and telling me that when he has enough money to come back over here for a vacation, that I'm first priority and the New Bern kids can come to us.

It's the first time in a really long time that a guy (other than Matt) has made me feel like anything but an outcast or a freak.

Writing this all out seems really stupid to me, but I'm hoping it won't sound quite as stupid to you. :)

Oh, I found this picture from the farewell dinner at the end of the US half of the trip (some of the British kids came back with us for 10 days after we spent 10 days over there).


So yes, I'm really happy tonight.  Please don't ruin it. :)


2 comments: