Monday, December 27, 2010

So apparently the pain relief wasn't all-inclusive.

Because after only 5 hours of shopping, my feet are throbbing.

But hey, today was awesome, and I bought myself (and a couple friends!) some great stuff, so I'm stoked.  And the pain will be gone by the morning, so that's just fine.

After spending two and a half hours trying to get my mother out of bed (yes, she is always that difficult on her days off, haha!), we headed out.

First stop was Barnes & Noble.  I must give Mom public props because this is a woman who could literally spend an entire day walking around a bookstore, and we were in and out in about 45 minutes.  She bought herself a whole list of books, most of which I didn't even look at, and I bought William & Harry: Behind the Palace Walls, William & Kate: A Royal Love Story, a bejeweled orange S bookmark for Mom, and The Ultimate Fender Book for Matt.  I wasn't planning on buying him anything, but we found it and it just SCREAMED him.  Plus, not only was the bargain price $14.98, it was marked down 50% off that price, so I got what could easily be a $30 book for $7.50.  It is basically a biography about every single Fender guitar made from 1950 to now - and since Leo Fender, the creator, only started his business in the '40s, I think it's safe to assume that this book has information on almost every Fender guitar ever created.  I think it's also safe to assume that Matt is going to go absolutely ballistic when he sees this book. :)  I love buying things for people.

Next, we went to JC Penney.  Mom needed to get some new bras and pants, and I needed to get a new wallet because the one I had wouldn't close.  Plus, she bought a bunch of clearance stuff for Blake.  I got him a onesie that says "My Auntie Is Awesome." :)

After that, we stopped by Sam's Club to get a few things for the house.  By this point, my back, shoulder, and neck were starting to throb, so I sat at the food area and had a soft pretzel and a drink.

Last, we went to WalMart.  I bought: a new iPod computer connector cord, a new TV remote because somehow my remote magically disappeared, and gifts for my good friend Shannon who's having a baby boy in February: a Johnson & Johnson nighttime bath wash set that came with a towel and the book Goodnight Moon, a set of two bath towels - one hooded and one not, and a package of eight washcloths.  I spent twice as much money as I planned to, but I don't care because I could afford it and buying baby stuff is fun.  We're wrapping it all and putting it in Blake's old infant bathtub, and then Mom is driving me to take it to her Wednesday night.  :)  I'm so excited because Shannon and I were close in high school, but she was two years ahead of me so I haven't seen her in close to three years.  Mom bought Blake formula and rice cereal, some new socks because the ones he had don't fit right, a cute new pair of shoes, and a farm toy with money that my grandma sent for him.

I am thoroughly exhausted, so good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment