Thursday, December 16, 2010

Braces suck.

And the rest of the day hasn't been so hot, either.

My teeth hurt. You forget how bad things suck after six years (I got my first braces off in October 2004).

My head also hurts. I'm not sure if it's a migraine or just from the teeth.

And on top of the teeth fun, I went to see Dr. P today and found out the "mishap" I had with the toenail clippers around Thanksgiving made my big toe on my left foot (the "good" foot!) infected. So I had to get two shots, which hurt like crazy, to numb my toe before he cut the infection and ingrown nail out because he said it was obviously not going to heal on its own. It's pretty crazy to sit there and watch somebody working on your foot and not feel it. But also awesome because I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been numbed I would've been screaming.

Plus, Chelsea's super pissed off at me for something I had no control over. I have to go back to see Dr. P on Tuesday to make sure that my toe is healing well. Since it's in Wilmington, an hour and a half away, my grandma is the only person I feel comfortable asking for a ride because it's a very big trip. Chelsea needed Mommom that day, and she's acting like I did this on purpose because I wanted to screw her over or something. Dr. P is only in the office Monday and Tuesday, and I couldn't do it Monday because Blake is having his ear tubes put in, and Mommom is taking him and Chelsea to that. Plus, Chelsea has about six people she can ask for her ride because it's in this town. But there's just no talking sense into her.

Plus, Matt's mom got in a car accident today. Of course, it took him ten minutes between telling me it happened and telling me that she was okay, so the entire time my heart was in my stomach. His mom is such a sweet woman, and I can just see what it would do to Matt if something ever happened to her, so I'm saying a prayer of gratitude that she's all right and the car wasn't totaled.

Sigh. I'm exhausted. And very thankful I don't have to get up at 7:45 again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment