Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rock on!

Wanna know what one of my favorite things about my mom is?

No, not her amazing food.

It's the fact that she has instilled a fantastic taste in music in Holly and me.

Case in point:  we spent 90% of the holiday weekend listening to Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Eric Clapton, and The Doobie Brothers. (mostly the first two)

We would've played The Beatles, but Holly borrowed them and now magically can't find them.  (I, for one, think she just said she lost them so she doesn't have to give them back. Hah!)

'70s and '80s rock music is, frankly, way better than any music in the past decade.

In the spirit of this music genre, excuse me, I have to break out into song....

Ohh
We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all, yea
With so many light years to go and things to be found
(To be found)
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so
It's the final countdown!
The final countdown
The final countdown
(The final countdown)
Ohh ho ohh

And scene.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what countdown I'm referring to.

Eleven days till I'm home.

I repeat. Eleven days.

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!

It seems like the closer we get to the end of the semester, the worse the moods of my professors become.  Which is not fun to deal with. 

I am so ready to be home for an entire month without having to think or stress about ANYTHING.

The good news, though, is that I finished the two revisions on my research paper I had to have done for tomorrow already, which means that I don't have to stress, and I plan on going to bed early tonight since there's no new Brothers & Sisters.  (Well....early for me.)

Oh, by the way, the almost no headache yesterday thing?  A fluke.  Totally a fluke.  Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment