Friday, November 12, 2010

Sorry, George, you were wrong.

So suffice it to say, I watch George Lopez.  A lot.

One line I remember him saying to his TV daughter Carmen is, "Never underestimate the beauty of an unexpected period."

Well, guess what, George, you were wrong.  So, so wrong.

There is really nothing beautiful about getting your period three weeks before you're supposed to.

Especially not while taking birth control pills that are supposed to regulate your period.

I've been on this special four-periods-a-year birth control for over three years now.  I started it in 2007 one, because my periods were out of control, and two, so I wouldn't have to deal with my period while recovering from my spine surgery.

It's supposed to take up to a year for your body to get used to it, which I could understand.  And really, for about the first year and a half, it worked super.  I loved it.  Then, I started getting periods in the middle of a pack.  Periods that never. ended.

Okay, not never, obviously, but that went on for a really, really, really long time.

You wanna know the longest time I've been on my period for?  57 days is the longest I remember.

57 days.

Yes, FIFTY-SEVEN DAYS.

While on birth control.

Can't wait to see how long this one lasts!

Sigh, I guess this is just one more doctor appointment I'll have to fit in over Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment