Monday, November 15, 2010

23 Days

I have to find the energy to make it through the next 23 days.

And the peace not to totally go off on my English professor.

Today, she gave us a pop quiz on this one-act play we had to read.  Apparently, only I and one other person read it.  She asked who all read it and when the two of us raised our hands she glared at me like she thought I was lying.  Because apparently I did poorly on the quiz.

I actually had to say, "Please don't embarass me in front of the entire class." for her not to finish the sentence "How can you have read it and say ---" as she held up my quiz.

Are you KIDDING ME?!  What kind of a professor does that?  Did it ever occur to her that a) I'm not a liar and even if I was, I wouldn't bother lying about something like that when pretty much no one else read it, either and b) I had a freaking migraine and that's why I couldn't focus on her stupid pop quiz?!

I'd talk to the head of the English department about this, but apparently she's even less approachable and less friendly than my professor.

I mean...that's just rude, right?

Plus, I have to deal with my mom telling me she thinks my migraines are just stress headaches.  Even though I've told her two dozen times that the pains are completely different.  I mean, I'm sure she's just trying to keep me calm and everything, but it feels like she's doubting me.

I tell ya, I'm gonna need like...radioactive energy to be able to get all the work done in the next three weeks.

Or...ya know...a break from these migraines would probably do the trick.

I don't have the energy for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment