Wednesday, December 25, 2013

God is for you. Christmas 2013.

Today was not a good day by worldly standards.

Mom, Holly and I were up all night trying to get Blake's Santa stuff together because mom decided to buy Blake an electric trampoline and it was the most difficult thing in the world to put together. By the time we finished, Blake woke up. So I did not fall asleep until 9 am this morning.

I got a few hours of sleep, and then the whole afternoon was spent trying to get ready for the big meal tonight and listening to Mom and Chelsea yell at each other.

Uncle Kirk, Aunt Donna, Dustin and Brianna were here from 4:45 to 7:30 and that period of time was actually really good. This family loves food, and we eat GOOD at holidays. And then we just say around playing with Blake and telling stories about all the stupid things we've each done recently and laughing hysterically. It was great. It's how we spend every Christmas after our big meal, but it's even better when the four of them are here. More laughter!

And then they left and the arguing restarted. We watched a couple of stupid movies and snapped at each other some more. During all of that, every muscle in my body started hurting to the point that I cried through half of the second movie. Not that anyone cared.

Yes, there are pictures. But I can't even sit up right now (see previous paragraph) so I am blogging from my phone and uploading pictures on here is a hassle. Plus I just want to go to bed. They'll be up eventually.

In sum, this Christmas, I am thanking God that my joy comes from Him and not worldly circumstances and that He gives gifts like peace that passes all understanding and a Son who saves me every single day.

This was my Facebook status today. It sums up what I want to say to you all, as well.

"Merry Christmas to my family, friends, and friends that feel more like family. God has given me more blessings through y'all this year than I can count, and I pray that each of you is surrounded by your own family of love today, whatever that may look like. I hope you remember that God is for you today and every day. Christmas happens, that little baby was born in a barn so many years ago, because God is for you. We are all loved more than we could ever imagine. Rest in that. And I love you, too."

Merry Christmas.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment