Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The day after Texas, the day before surgery.

This morning, I didn't get up until 8:00.  Mommom got here at 8:15.  That is so very unlike me, but it's my own fault.  I stayed up half the night getting caught up on all the TV show winter finales I didn't even try to watch while I was in Texas.  Normally, though, I can get myself up on time if I know I have somewhere to be, but today it just wasn't happening.  Thankfully Mommom hadn't eaten breakfast, either, so she didn't mind stopping at all.

When you schedule surgery only 8 days in advance and for a day that's two days after you get back from a trip, you really don't have any time to waste.  Today I had to head to Kinston for my pre-op stuff.  It was typical.  A quick meeting with my doctor to go over some details, then instructions on where I needed to go over at the hospital (which is only across the street, yay).  I had to watch some stupid instructional video and then registered and went to get my bloodwork done.  Then we had to wait a while to see the anesthesiologist because for some reason there was only one there, so he was having to run back and forth between people like me and operating rooms.  Everything went off no problem, though, and we were leaving Kinston by 12:30, got lunch, and were back in Swansboro by 2:00.

I couldn't call to find out what time my surgery tomorrow is until after 3:00 because they don't finalize the schedule until late in the day, so I decided to take a nap.  I didn't plan on sleeping until 4:30, but at least I woke up and called before they left for the day.  Hooray!  For once I don't have to be up before the sun for surgery.  My surgery isn't scheduled until 12:00 noon, so we don't have to be there until 10:30, which means we don't have to leave the house until 9:00.  Mom and I are both thrilled about that.

Mom made tacos for dinner before 7:00, which was when I was no longer allowed to have anything but clear liquids, and I spent a good portion of the night working on some stuff for my grad school applications.  I also organized stuff for tomorrow, took my first of two pre-surgery showers with the nasty scrub they give you, and spent a good bit of time talking to friends.  Around 11:00, I had a big bowl of chicken broth.  Agh.

I've been working on getting caught up on the blog ever since (obviously).  I usually don't sleep much the night before a surgery, anyway, so this was as good a time as any, and I'm glad I won't get even more behind.  Now it's almost 3:30 in the morning.  My alarm is set for 7:45.  I'll probably load up my computer (because I highly doubt I'll even want to pick it up for a few days), and then lay in bed and do stuff on my phone until I get tired enough to sleep for a bit.  Writing all these blog posts did make me feel more tired than usual, so that's a good sign. :)

I'll try and get a quick post up tomorrow night (from my phone), just to let  y'all know I'm okay.  If I don't get on here, you can probably find updates on my Twitter, because that is much easier to use, especially in a drugged up state.  Thank you for your prayers!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment