Monday, October 1, 2012

What a great Monday!

Don't hear that line much, do you?  I don't think I've had this happy of a Monday since the Monday I was flying to Nashville.

I should be writing an essay on the KKK right now, but that's super depressing, so first I'm going to blog about how amazing today was.

First, I got a 94 on my French Lit exam, which I am more than okay with considering I barely studied for it.

Then, Municipal Government was cancelled.

Then, I went to the post office to pick up my other pair of glasses and medicine that Mom mailed me, and I found an envelope holding these fantastic goods waiting for me, as well.


Bruno told me he was sending me a poster.  Bruno didn't tell me he was sending me two posters, or that one of them was from the CD release show that I was blessed to be at in April.  Plus two new stickers to adorn the top of my laptop with the other Vespers sticker and Music City Roots sticker I have on it, and three more temporary tattoos.  This would've made my day all by itself had everything not already been going well.

Then, I got a phone call from Brennan, and we both got some resolution to all the drama of the past few months.  I got to share with him just how well I am doing right now and all of the progress I've made.  It was so good just to talk to him again and feel like everything is back where it needs to be.  If you're reading this and you have the same reaction that my oh-so-lovely friend Vivielle had, please know that I'm doing what I feel is best.  I give a second chance to everyone; I owe the guy who baptized me at least that much.

Then, tonight, I spent close to an hour and twenty minutes on the phone with Caitie, The Vespers' manager, and that conversation was just so good for me.  It always leaves me feeling very humbled when I am able to share my story and how I got to where I am now with people and they tell me that it impacted them.  She's such a sweet girl.  We both felt like we knew each other going into this because the band had told her about me and they had told me about her, so it was just really easy to talk.  So Caitie, if you're reading this, thank you for that. :)  I always love making new friends, and everyone I meet through the band seems to be just as loving and wonderful as they are.  I'm so glad she and I are friends now.

What a wonderful day.  I am blessed, no question about it.  I am so grateful to God for all of the people He has put in my path in the craziest of ways.  These people make me a better person and bring me closer to God just by loving me.

Okay, I really should get this essay done so I can sleep.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment