Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Today

Today is pretty easy to recap.

Sleep.

Phone calls.

A trip to the pharmacy.

And more sleep.

I tried to get up and go to class but just couldn't because of the pain, but I called all of my professors.  I left a message with Dr. Mero, Dr. Steegar already knew because I emailed him yesterday morning, and Dr. Thornton was actually there in his office at 7:20 which surprised me but was of course very, very understanding, told me not to worry about anything for his class and we'd take care of it once I got my health under control.  I love Dr. Thornton.  He's such a nice man, such a helpful adviser, an amazing teacher whose classes I love when most people think he's too hard, and I get along so well with him.  He's seen me go through a lot since the fall of 2009, and I know how much he respects me.

So yeah, I waited up until my neurologist's phones turned on, called them and told them I gave them the wrong number for the pharmacy yesterday, gave them the right number and they said they'd call it in.  I went back to sleep until 11:30 when I got up and ate lunch because I needed to get some food in me with these meds, and texted Elizabeth who said she'd take me to the pharmacy tonight after work, then I went back to sleep.  I started getting texts and phone calls from a bunch of different people (Ryann, Kyla, Taylor, Phoebe, my grandma, etc) around 1:30 checking on me, so I answered them, then decided to call the pharmacy to make sure the steroid got called in.  It didn't, so I had to call my neurologist again, and then found out that they thought the number I gave them was the fax number (even though I said it was a phone number), and they rectified it and promised to have a nurse call it in immediately.  And they did.  CVS called me about 3:30 and told me it was ready.

I lounged/rested until Elizabeth called and told me she was on the way, and literally went to the pharmacy in my pajamas (t shirt and pants) and a hoodie.  I've never gone out in public like that before, but I honestly didn't even care.

Now that I have the steroid, I'm going to try my best to make it to Human Diversity tomorrow.  Thankfully, it's the only class I have.

I'm so thankful for modern medicine, and the support system that I have in my life.  I am blessed with some amazing people all around me (even across state lines!) and I am so, so thankful for their love.  Focusing on blessings like them is something that definitely helps me keep my head up.

On to tomorrow.  Another day forward.  Here's to hoping for less pain.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment