Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another Happy Sunday

I love my church.

It's so nice to wake up at 8 am on a Sunday morning and actually be excited about it because it means that I get to go back to that beautiful place.

From the second I walked in, people were asking how I was doing because Elizabeth had clued them all in as to why I wasn't at Small Group on Tuesday.

The music was amazing.  This time the songs were ones I'd never heard before but really touched me.  The four guys who do the music every Sunday are so nice and so talented.  I really appreciate all the effort they put in for the service each week, and the fact that the songs aren't just old hymns.

I really feel like I'm making family there, which is so nice.  There was a lady named Janelle who gave a bit of her testimony today, and after the service, I was able to just go up and hug her and say thank you.  Every single person there has made me feel like I belong, like I've always been there just like everyone else, not like I just showed up 3 weeks ago.

After Janelle spoke, Sean gave this really powerful message about the difference between sacrifice and obedience.  I definitely felt moved by it, but I'm not quite sure what God is going to do with it and with me regarding it yet.  I guess that's where the fun lies.  Whatever it is, it's going to be good.

Then, I came back and called Duke, and according to them, the staph infection that showed up in my blood at Betsy Johnson was a contaminant in the lab, because the two cultures they've been watching in the lab since Tuesday are clean, so no infection and no trip back to the hospital.  Yay for that! :)  I am so grateful for God's faithfulness in my life and in my health.  Combine that with the fact that I feel like I'm showing even more response to the steroid for my head, and I'd say I'm officially on the mend.  Good, because with all of this catching up to do and the election in a little over a week, I need to be on top of my game.

I tried to do some reading after I took a shower, but then my headache got way worse, and I fell asleep at 5:30.  I'm only awake right now because I'm watching Revenge.  I'm going to eat something, finish the episode, and go back to sleep.  Sounds like a good Sunday to me.

This is one of the songs I learned today.  Catchy, yes, but it's so deep, even with such simple lyrics.  It's the prayer I have for my life.  I want all of this to be His.

Sending my prayers to all those in the path of Hurricane Sandy.  It's weird, there being a hurricane coming at the East coast and the South NOT being its primary target.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment