Friday, October 26, 2012

It's a good thing I'm a night owl.

Because otherwise, the six-hour nap I took this afternoon would have really screwed up my plans to tackle my giant to-do list.

Yeah...blame the Dilaudid, and the fact that I still have a raging headache.

The good news is that I made it through French Lit and Comparative Foreign Government and actively participated.  And since Dr. Thornton has known all week what's been going on, he cut me some slack and didn't hurt my grade for not having my outline for my term paper done today.  As he said, "lots of people won't have it today, and none of them have as good of an excuse as you."  Ha!  Gotta love college.

I have a TON of work to do over the next few days for classes, plus finishing my application for the internship with the State Department that is due on Friday.  I think I'm just going to try to get the French History stuff done and then go to bed so my sleeping schedule doesn't get totally out of whack.

Oh, highlight of my day:  Danny, one of the guys I met in Nashville, sent me the EP from his band, Wetherby, last Friday, but with all of the hospital craziness this week, I didn't remember or get a chance to go to the Post Office until this morning, and I put it in as soon as I got back to my room after French Lit this morning.  It is SO good!  Seriously.  I know some ridiculously talented people.  He's so nice for sending it to me for free, and it's only that much better for me because music is pretty much my love language.  (And side note:  He and Phoebe got engaged on Monday! Awwww. Now I really have to find a way to get back to Nashville, so I can go to the wedding! :D)  I also realized that all of the people who have been checking on me the most this week are people who are 550+ miles away in Tennessee.  God is really good at making it impossible for me to forget how loved I am or how many people are cheering me on.

Here's the song off the EP that's been on repeat most of the day today.  And Phoebe actually does some background vocals on it.  I love it.


Okay, I better go get some of this work done so I can go to bed...errr, uhhh, back to bed.

Hey, don't judge.  Most people who take Dilaudid would be in a comatose state.  It's a miracle I made it to classes at all yesterday and today.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment